Selma, NC

Owner: Town of Selma, NC
Architect: Barry A. Rakes

Originally built in the early 1924 by the Atlantic Coast Line and Southern Railroads was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. This station, previously known as the Selma Union Depot is served by two Amtrak passenger trains, the Palmetto and Carolinian and is located in the heart of historic downtown Selma, NC. The old freight house is located to the west of the station, with a maintenance shed to the north. There are two tracks, one on the east and one on the south side of the station, and there is a section of curved track behind the station that connects two of the tracks. Along the curved track there are three platforms and parking space exclusively for the handicapped is located between the curve and the station house. Progressive Contracting Company, Inc. provided general construction which included historic replication and reconstruction of windows, and roof repairs, exterior brick repointing and repair which included the brick chimney. The scope of services provided by PCCI includes: complete interior and exterior renovations installation of new mechanical, electrical and plumbing finishes site work landscaping

Print Friendly